There are several ways and procedures that you could follow to control hair loss. Here are some useful tips that you could use to control hair fall.
1. Consume green tea, it is a powerful anti-oxidant and it helps to control DHT and the cholesterol level too. Apart from promoting hair growth it also gives you good health. It is recommended to drink 2 -3 cups of green tea without sugar a day.
2. Pumpkin seeds inhibit the formation of DHT and is rich in zinc which is good for your hair and it also breaks down DHT via liver, so it is recommended to eat 2 table spoons of sun dried/roasted or shelled pumpkin seeds daily, for your natural homemade haircare !
3. Flax seeds are a special diet for a scaly scalp, it is recommended to have 2 table spoons of roasted powdered flax seeds daily. As it has an anti- inflammatory property.
4. Quit Smoking – A recent discovery by the Harvard school of public health have proved that smoking can increase the rate of hair fall as it contains nicotine, so reduce smoking or even better – Quit Smoking !
5. Do not use hair dryers, allow hair to dry naturally, did you know that a hair dryer releases gusts of 300º C that causes breakage of hair. And if you still want to use dryer, use it on the lowest heat temperature possible and hold it more than 5 inches away from your hair.
6. Take care while using your towel to dry your hair. Drying your hair vigorous by rubbing with a towel also weakens hair roots as it pulls out hair and aggravates hair loss so avoid vigorous rubbing with a towel
7. Consumption of red meat contains black gram as these are DHT activators and increases hair loss so try avoiding them.
8. Chemical treatment, try avoiding strong hair coloring or styling like perming, crimping, straightening and ironing as they damage your hair.
9. Usage of shampoo, did you know that shampoo contains soap and chemicals that can spoil your scalp and damage your hair so please make sure that you rinse your head well after applying shampoo.
10. Oiling, apply a cap full of oil to your palm and rub together then massage the scalp of your head using your fingers, this helps to stimulate blood circulation over the scalp and remove dead skin. Hair oil acts as a moisturizer for the hair and your scalp.
These are some of the methods that you could try to avoid hair loss. You can consult a specialist for further help.